Sunday, March 20, 2011

Quick Note - DST and Yakuza 4

So, I still haven't gotten used to the new time thanks to Daylight Savings Time.  I mean, yes, sure, I look at the clock and see, "Oh, it's 11" and my rational brain goes, "I should be finishing up a blog post by now." But the rest of my brain is like, "Wait, what, no it's 10, we've still got time.  And besides, I don't even know what to -tell- you, man."

And then I look and it's 12:13 and I go, uh-oh.

I meant to make a post like this the other day, pointing out that I am not completely in sorts as of yet, but I was like, "Bleh, it'll never be a problem."  WELP.  Apologies all around on that and such.  I do have a couple notes to cover, though, to have this post have a bit of substance to it aside from me whinging about time.

I was playing Yakuza 4 earlier, unsurprisingly, and I just had one of the, as I call them, "Yakuza!" moments that I've had in the previous games.  Now, for me, the "Yakuza!" moments boil down to "DEFEAT ABSURDITY WITH NO MERCY" and things that just make you say, "HELL YEAH".  Today's moment was the former.

So, there I was, walking about Kamurocho as Akiyama, minding my own business, looking for a thug to challenge me to a random fight.  And did I ever get a challenge.  This guy, titled, I believe, "Rich Man" challenged me to a fight wearing a money-green, garish, ugly suit with a, no kidding, George Washington hairstyle or wig.  So, okay.  He wants to throw down, I'm not about to turn him down (even if I could).  The fight went pretty quickly, since, well, it was just him vs. me, and I ended it with my newly-upgraded "Essence of Finishing" move. 

(For the best effect, you may want to listen to this song while reading what the move is.  Sure, it's from Yakuza 3, but it's badass)



The move, for the unfamiliar, is where Akiyama football-punts the guy in the face as he is getting up.

The upgraded version of the move, is where Akiyama football-punts the guy in the face as he is getting up, then proceeds to handstand and bring his knee directly down on the guy's face.

In that moment, I was just shaking my controller in victory and elation, going, "YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS THIS IS WHAT I WANTED".  And all was right in the world.

The second note, which probably won't matter to anyone reading this, is that, apparently, Dynasty Warriors 7 is coming out the 29th, not the 22nd.  Which means more guilt-free Yakuza 4 time for me!  (As in, if I bought DW7 tuesday, it would not get played right away, and thus, I would feel guilty.)

No comments:

Post a Comment