Sunday, March 20, 2011

On Themes and Wallpapers


A staple of pretty much every form of technology out there now is the ability to set your own themes or, at the very least, your own wallpaper, to make your device even more yours, to suit your needs, etc.  With the PSP, we've been pretty lucky, as not only have there been -copious- amounts of wallpapers out there since day one (since it's just a simple matter of resizing images), but tools, completely legit ones, are out there for whomever wants to make their own icons to really pull it all together.  Now, it hasn't been acted on in a big way, but still, it's an option.

I really only thought about it the other day when, with the help of a new friend, I went about finding some Holiday themed wallpapers for my PSPs background for me to change every now and again.  Er, when the season requires, rather.  Anyways, thinking on it, after getting a few nice pics, I started thinking ahead, to the NGP, since, well, there is a good chance it will be out this year or early next year.  And that's when I realized something that unsettled me quite a bit more than it should have.


It's going to be quite a bit more difficult with Live Area to do nice wallpapers.  I'm assuming, of course, that you can't hide some of those icons, or at least push them to a lower 'page', which is not only a possibility, but probably the reality.  It's a little disheartening, really; I'm not even sure if we'll be able to customize the background of the NGP, and even if we will, as I said, it will be difficult to get something nice without a little DIY work.  Unless, of course, you don't mind giant circles all over your pictures of kittens, anime scenes, or what have you.  And likely, the buttons are as they always will be, meaning there won't be any real cohesion between the background and icons.  The theme of it all.

It's a bit petty to actually be bothered by, admittedly.  And maybe there will be some way around it, but from where I'm sitting, looking for anything, anything that I may have to watch out for, lest it kill my desire for this lovely piece of machinery, is something that I have to do so that I may compensate for it beforehand.

Still....doing a search for iPhone backgrounds instantly throws one into a sea of them, and we know how many icons those things can have.  Perhaps it won't be such a big deal after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment