Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Sick Post. Also Devil May Cry Re-Releases

While fairly tempted to just type, "I'm sick.  That is all." and move on, you all know that's not how I operate, and that I need to actually sit here and type something, anything to feel alright with what I've done today, so that's what I'm going to endeavor to do.  But the problem, as there always is a problem, is that there's not really anything to talk about at length tonight.  Well, that's what I thought until, mid-way through typing that sentence, I re-checked Joystiq and something had popped up.



Remember back when everyone thought there was going to be a Devil May Cry collection?  Well, Joystiq has a slightly different idea, thanks to a recent finding on the ESRB's website.  Apparently, Devil May Cry 1, 2, and 3, all include "Playstation 3" and "Xbox 360" in their listed platforms and, indeed, if you look for yourself, you can see the same image as the image in the article staring at you in the face.  And it's a potentially unwanted image if I'm correct in thinking the way that I am thinking.

Now, Capcom, as we've established, loves them some ports, but with that image of the ESRB ratings and, well, the way the linked post has turned out so far (for those who don't click, it's a link to the announcement of RE4:HD, and C:V:HD) in that both titles are full, downloadable games only, rather an actual collection disk, I'm fairly filled with a little dread at the thinking that Capcom is just going to go full digital with the DMC releases as well.  And, well, that shit just ain't gonna fly in my airspace.  Indeed, if that's the route they go, rather than giving me a disk, I'll just be 'voting with my wallet' as the cool kids say, and saving my money.

Granted, with the Devil May Cry series, a lot of fans were balking at the thought of buying a disk with Devil May Cry 2 on it, and might actually prefer this method instead, but not I.  I barely remember a thing about DMC2 and would have been willing to give it a shot on a Collection disk.  But I think I've beat the "Do Not Want" point into the ground well enough at this point.  Basically, my point is that rating each game individually like that speaks to the intent, which is previously established, of going completely against the grain with this whole up-porting business, and further cements the point that Capcom just doesn't get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment