Thursday, May 26, 2011

Yo Dawg, I heard you liked Storms....


You heard wrong, good sir!

...

Anyways, it's pretty funny how I said I wasn't going to timestamp-alter posts for weather issues and then, well, weather issues happened.  So, true to my word, this will be going up Thursday, which means hey, I missed a day.  Again.  Through no fault of my own.  Sigh.  And I hate to say that I'm not sure how content-heavy this post can really be, as there's just not a whole hell of a lot of news out there that really strikes me.

Chance posted about Marvelous' plans for NGP on Tuesday, which is really good news for me, well, for everyone really, but especially me, as it gives me hopes for a decent Harvest Moon game on a Sony handheld.  ...What?  Don't look at me like that.  I am a man who enjoys his Harvest Moon games!  Boy & Girl is serviceable, since it's just Back to Nature and Back to Nature:  Girl version on one UMD, but Back to Nature is the less-good version of Friends of Mineral Town for GBA, and it looks weird on the PSP.

I editted my last post with this update, but I'll say it here, too.  Minecraft "Pocket Edition" details were thrown about on Reddit by one of the developers from Mojang, which is actually a pretty common thing.  There's some sort of real weird, close relationship between Reddit and Mojang, from what I can tell, as I've been linked to a few different things of Notch talking personally(?  Is such a thing there really possible?) to the folks there, not to mention the large group of Let's Players of Minecraft there who have a ton of rather large projects.  If you need proof...

Invizimals: Shadow Zone was announced for PSP, which, Invizimals was one of the more obvious (if only for recent exposure) 'Pokemon clones' that I could have talked about when I talked about pokemon clones, and I didn't, specifically because of how little I know about the thing.  It seems obvious enough, walk around your house or other places you don't mind being seen interacting with AR technology at with the game on and try to catch different members of this rather large caste of monsters that have been developed for the series.  Beyond that, I don't really know.  Which is mostly why I abstained from talking on it, as I might take the plunge on it at some point.

So, there's that.  From one day to another, the meterologists don't know what's going to happen, but the general consensus is that the worst of the storm season should be over and maybe we can go a week or two without a storm (aside from one next week) comfortably.  We'll just have to see, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment