Sunday, May 22, 2011

PSP Remaster Series Inbound

While Chance beat me to the punch on this one, and as much as I hate to do, essentially, the same article he has, I did bring it up first.  All due respect, of course.  Still, while this is pretty much all the proof one would need to expect to be playing the two side-stories of Kratos on the PS3, word hasn't officially been dropped for NA or anywhere that is Japan yet, even though it might not be all that necessary.  With E3 coming up, they just might wait til then to bring it up to the general public, though, since this is kind of a big thing that they can make a big to-do about, even though everyone knows about it already now.  Especially since there was a press release about it.  (When I say general public, I pretty much mean there hasn't been a playstation blog post about it yet.)


Of course, this begs the question, "Why should we care?", and the answers are numerous and simple.  Not only will there be cross-compatibility between both versions, insofar as Game Saves goes (Sort of like how PSOne games work currently.  You can freely transfer your save between PS3 and PSP and continue playing just where you left off on the go), but the PS3 versions will likely see graphical updates and possibly even extra content.  (And I would suspect trophies.(And I would be wrong. Ffffuuu-))  And it could possibly mean a release of certain games we'd never see otherwise because Sega is a company full of assholes and trolls.  Not only that, but if said games are released on PS3, their graphical update might include the lovely style the original had that the two portable titles just can't swing.

So far, the only title confirmed for this treatment is Monster Hunter Portable 3rd, which means it'll be the first game to be on the Wii, PSP and PS3 simultaneously which kind of blows my mind.  Hopefully the release of the PS3 version will mirror the Wii version moreso, as I've heard a few things were cut in transition to the PSP (namely underwater battles) that were new and neat to the series.  But even without those, I'm sure Japan will be happy.  I mean, I'll be happy with what we get, since it'll likely prove to everyone that, hey, the PSP did, in fact, have a ton of good games.  Now, as far as what I really want?  Aside from VC, give me a Metal Gear Ac!d bundle if you really want to impress me.

No comments:

Post a Comment