Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The PSN Summer Sale is On!

 
So, in the PS Store Blog Post today, the previously announced Playstation Summer Sale went live, and it's pretty wonderful.  I already went ahead and picked my purchases (at least, the ones I was sure about, I still have a bit in the ol' coffers) earlier which was just a wonderful feeling, since I'm still in my Free Month of Playstation Plus.  That was a good thing, Sony.  A real good thing.  Unless you activated yours right away, then you might be feeling a bit of a sting now.  Regardless, discounts is discounts and they're on games that people might actually want to buy.

The Full List goes as such:


  • Pac-Man Championship Edition DX – Full Game (now $6.99, original price $9.99, PlayStation Plus price $4.89)
  • PixelJunk Shooter 2 – Full Game (now $6.99, original price $9.99, PlayStation Plus price $4.89)
  • Hard Corps: Uprising Full Game (now $10.49, original price $14.99, PlayStation Plus price $7.34)
  • Hard Corps: Character: Harley (now $1.75, original price $2.49, PlayStation Plus price $1.23)
  • Hard Corps: Character: Leviathan (now $1.75, original price $2.49, PlayStation Plus price $1.23)
  • Hard Corps: Character: Sayuri (now $1.75, original price $2.49, PlayStation Plus price $1.23)
  • Chime Super Deluxe (now $6.99, original price $9.99, PlayStation Plus price $4.89)
  • Scott Pilgrim Full Game (now $6.99, original price $9.99, PlayStation Plus price $4.89)
  • Scott Pilgrim – Knives Chau Add-On (now $1.49, original price $1.99, PlayStation Plus price $1.04)
  • Risk Factions (now $6.99, original price $9.99, PlayStation Plus price $4.89)
  • Dead Space Extraction (now $10.49, original price $14.99, PlayStation Plus price $7.34)
  • Tales from Space: About a Blob (now $10.49, original price $14.99, PlayStation Plus price $7.34)
  • Back to the Future: The Game – Full Series (now $13.99, original price $19.99, PlayStation Plus price $9.79)
  • Shank (now $6.99, original price $9.99, PlayStation Plus price $4.89)
  • Swarm (now $9.99, original price $14.99, PlayStation Plus price $6.99)
I myself picked up Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World:  The Game (Had always been waiting for it to hit a sale), PixelJunk Shooter 2 (Which, I'm glad I hadn't bought it before like I planned), and Shank (admittedly completely on the repeated positive mentions from Chance....and the fact that I completely spaced last month when it was on sale for the same price.  Or around that.)  So, that was $14.67 for all three.  (No tax, for some reason.  I'm not complaining, of course.)  Considering said titles would have set me back $29.97 any other time, I actually saved more than I spent!  (Difference of $15.30.)  I love doing savings math, can you tell?

Of course, it's one thing to buy these games, but entirely another to actually download them to play.  Considering the only one I had pre-downloaded was Scott Pilgrim (had the demo for months), and Shank is....2 Gigs, and my internet is shit from a butt, this might be a problem.  Not to mention that I also bought the Burnout Paradise bundle in last week's update which is 3.5 gigs.....

Well, worse comes to worst, I can always take my PS3 somewhere with better internet, I suppose.  But then again, I already have a metric ton of disk-based games I haven't even touched yet......Blargh!  Not enough time in the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment