Monday, January 6, 2014

It Is Friggin' Cold


It doesn't help that I played The Last of Us today and got through the Winter portion of it.  (Well, the whole game, really, but still, Winter)  There's really not a whole lot going on if you don't care about Steam Machines, which I don't, so there's just not a lot to talk about.  Especially since I'm not prepared to really expound on my thoughts on The Last of Us tonight, nor do I know -when- I actually will be able to.  It's...quite a different game than I expected, and that's not necessarily a good thing.  I really don't know what to make of it.  Still, it was definitely an experience if nothing else.  I think tomorrow I need to play a game with a lot of fire or something, though.

goddamn Clickers

2 comments:

  1. I haven't played Last of Us yet, but I've heard so many good things that I would really like to. I'd also like to hear how it was different than what you expected.
    But playing games that take place during winter certainly isn't very wonderful this time of year. I play Animal Crossing and I get cold just looking at the snowy scene or my screen. Brr!

    Michelle
    The Girly Gamer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Basically, I went into The Last of Us expecting Naughty Dog's Magnum Opus (based on the quality of the Uncharted series) and I got...a game that shouted "STEALTH OR DIE" at me while trying to play on Hard (which I do on Uncharted games because...Hard isn't very hard there). Because of a few enemy types and encounters, that whole thing was less than fun. I turned it down to Easy and finished it. It was worth it for the story, but I can't say that I prefer its mechanics or the way they play out.

      Honestly, I understand that it's -supposed- to be challenging, but I guess I just didn't want it to be as challenging as it was. Especially since there's a difficulty above Hard.

      Delete