Friday, January 11, 2013

Silliness


There is silliness afoot.  Silliness that is almost painfully stupid to encounter, and yet so inherently polarizing that it is just one of those things that you will never, ever be able to discuss without a vehemence showing up on at least one side.  It is a stupid argument, it is apparently big news lately, but that is the most I'm going to mention it.  Yes, I realize passive-aggressively talking about it is still talking about it and it's rather self-defeating, but we can't just brush this sort of thing off.  Neither, though, can we let ourselves be taken in and taunted with this obvious bait from folks who just don't know any better, unfortunately.  We can't play into the obvious traps and, at this point, the smart play is simply to express the correct amount of disgust and annoyance and simply move on for now.  As a diversionary tactic (which is what this is), all it requires is that it takes the heat off the point for long enough that everyone just moves on with nothing different because of it.  So, let's just move on.

I'm fairly sleepy tonight because of various things and that certainly doesn't help matters.  Following work, I lay in bed for an inordinate amount of time, worrying that I'm going to catch the thing that is going about.  I snoozed a little, but ultimately woke up once more, eager to actually do something.  Which means I debated whether to play Persona 4 Golden (as I have yet to beat it yet) or pop in Assassin's Creed 3:  Liberation to get a rough approximation of its charms, as Game of the Year voting time is upon us.  I have a couple games that I need to crunch with yet, despite the slight 'cheating' air I feel about it, and AssLib is one of those titles.  At the same time, however, I still really like Persona 4 Golden, and want to finish it, lest I fall out of the groove I've pleasantly run myself into.  I only have a little bit left, so I believe powering through it is what I will do, and hopefully I'll be enjoying stabbing mans before the weekend is up.

I briefly considered sharing a couple new songs I've been listening to as of late, but that will be a thing for another night.  For now, I'm simply going to enjoy said songs while looking over my notes for a short story I'm writing.

Oh, right.  I didn't mention that.  I am writing a thing.  It is probably going to be pretty good.  Depending on how it turns out, I might turn a few excerpts into posts here to share, but that too is a thing for another night.  This night is for the wonderful sounds of foreign pop music and yawning, apparently.  Because goddamn if I am not really still tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment