So, it seems like you are one of the folks that have a Playstation Vita, apparently solely for the purpose of playing PSOne Games and the 1.80 Update has infuriated you because how dare they sell you something that won't play something that you bought in the past, but only in digital form, of course, since it would just be silly to buy a physical game and expect to own it on all formats forever and ever, right? Well, since everyone is incapable of thinking of anything to do beyond playing PSOne games currently, I have taken the liberty of compiling a nice, handy little list of things you can do, perchance while you await your chosen game to become compatible through means that are befitting your tastes. So, by all means, take advantage of this, because clearly this is a big deal.
- You could always take to Internet forums and complain about it incessantly! The fun part of this choice is that you get to feel good about yourself afterwards, of course. Make sure to point out how you hate feeling like a Second-Class citizen, because that's not disingenuous at all when you're talking about Video Games of all things. And don't forget to constantly insist that Sony has absolutely no idea how to do anything while you're scrolling through the pages of your Vita, possibly looking through pictures that you can set as your wallpaper, listening to songs and looking for other sites to complain to through the use of the browser. All at the same time.
- If you're looking to be entertained regardless, you could always bring up the Youtube app to watch some lovely videos. Some recommendations would be Kaseius, Helloween4545 and Klyka1 for a rather full range of hilarity of different origins and different game coverage. While I may not be fully happy with the Youtube app, it serves well enough, which I can attest to from being glued to it near constantly. Of course, since you are so mad at Sony, don't forget to point out that it's just stupid that you can't play youtube videos in the browser, and if there's any videos that you just can't watch, well, that's their fault too, nobody else's. I mean, it's not like they designed around Flash Mobile and then Adobe pulled out of supporting that just months prior to the Vita coming out or anything. No, nothing sensible like that. Just allllllll Sony. Their bad. Totally.
- Make some sandwiches. Why? Because sandwiches are delicious. Also, apparently a lovely way to pass the time.
- Play something else. Sleeping Dogs, for instance, is fantastic, and I'm told Darksiders 2 is pretty great as well. Maybe even play your PSOne game of choice on your PS3 or PSP if you have one. Yes, this is assuming you have another console of some sort, but how many people out there only have a Vita? I'd suggest not many. Many others will as well. Of course, they will be a lot snarkier about that fact than I.
- Take up a hobby. Might I suggest writing a Blog?
- Play something else from the past on your Vita. Sure, PSOne games of your choosing might not work, but there's a very respectable PSP Library out there. If you need some suggestions, perchance to take a look at this picture for what I have currently downloaded.
- Alternatively, and I understand this is a wild suggestion, but I'm just throwing this out there: Play Vita games -on- your Vita! There are games for it. This may surprise some of you out there, but I have photo proof of this above. Were I richer man, there would be more bubbles, but I am not and thus must wait to grab some other games I want. Games that exist. Are tangible things. Right now.