Sunday, April 21, 2013

Okay, I Was -Really- Sick This Time


I hate feeling like I am doing just a lot of sick posts, but, well, I can't exactly help it when I am constantly getting into varying states of sickness during these lovely Spring months.  'Lovely' meaning 'terrible', of course.  Because they are.  Terrible.  Very terrible.  The worst.

Anyway, this was a fun weekend and when I say 'fun', I mean 'full of soul-crushing agony' that you will certainly understand if you've had food poisoning and/or a particularly nasty stomach flu in recent times.  I'm leaning more towards the latter, but the point is that my Friday consisted of nasty things that are associated with those two ailments that I'm sure you do not want me to go into detail about, and my Saturday and today have consisted of recovering from said ailment.  Or rather, I should say today, since Saturday I was mostly still in a haze since Friday (the entirety of Friday, it hit around 12:30-1:00 AM) and Saturday sort of...blended in together.  Except the terrible things were mostly on Friday, of course.  Which is why I'm thinking it was some sort of 24-hour bug which is not uncommon!  And I believe two of my co-workers had just recovered from something similar.  Or just recovered from -something- nasty since one of them was still pale Thursday.  You know....the day before I conspicuously got sick.  Hmm.

Unfortunately, the horrors that accompany a sickness that I experienced this weekend sort of preclude one from getting much accomplished.  Being that I was barely able to walk around the house with only minor errors and only such occasions that deemed it necessary like hurried trips to unmentionable places or to get some water or take a pill that I don't know actually accomplished anything, I wasn't exactly in a place for gaming or anything like that either.  Strange, right?  I'm ashamed to say that I actually checked my Twitter on Saturday through my Vita because I am kind of a Twitter whore now, but that's basically been my entire involvement with technology until today.

Today....today was different.  Very different.  Feeling refreshed, even though not 100% better, I was able to plug solid hours into Dragon Fantasy Book I and actually managed to complete the entirety of its offerings.  I hope to have a write-up about it in the next few days but here's a little Spoiler Alert:  It's pretty damn fantastic.  Did you like Dragon Warrior as a kid?  If you said yes, then buy this game.  If you said no then I don't even know what to say, you heathen.  Of course I'm kidding.  Of course I am.  Mostly.  Somewhat.

Anyway, I mostly just wanted to drop in a line and let you folks know what went wrong this time around.  I did post about it on my Twitter a few times, but, again, the damn widget broke and there's not another one I can use and it's annoying as hell.  Since I got into the habit of using it for specifically this type of thing.  Oh well.  Hopefully back to normal...again....starting tomorrow!

I'm seriously not kidding what the hell is wrong with you, not liking Dragon Warrior

No comments:

Post a Comment