Saturday, August 24, 2013

Oh My God You Guys inFamous: Second Son


It was hard doing other things with my night tonight.  It was hard to write something other than this.  It's just that after I saw this trailer, I knew there was absolutely nothing I could want more than to talk about this game other than actually playing this game.  Hopefully I will be able to make up cognizant instead of the mindless blathering of approval that I could just type up here.  Because you all know, I could just type a whole bunch of worthless, filler words of praise just to make this exorbitantly long in an attempt to make up with quantity what I can't concisely say with quality.  You know this.

First off, let's go with the obvious in this trailer, yes?  Fetch is Laura Bailey.  I....pretty much just need to say that.  It's awesome, and needs no further explanation.

Secondly, I really do enjoy the way that they show off what appears to be Delsin's main "Default" power, Typhokinesis, the power over Smoke.  (Yes, that is apparently a thing, no, I don't know, yes, I googled it, no, I still don't know)  Delsin's power, obviously, is his Chameleon ability which allows him to absorb other powers and use them, but he's been shown primarily utilizing his smoke powers not only to blast things, but to explore so that kind of sets the theme for it.  It feels fairly similar to Cole's Electric Powers which is a good thing, but there's a clear difference to them as well that I'm sure will become more and more obvious as we see it all in action more and more.  Certainly the shadow jump or whatever you want to call it is a big deal right off, and will likely set the schism for them to expand from that.

And obviously, I really do enjoy them showing off the Chameleon ability in an interesting way.  The power that Delsin receives from Fetch is apparently Photokinesis, which is the ability to control and manipulate light.  Which...makes sense, what with the Neon signs and such.  It stands to wonder just -how many- sets of powers we're going to be looking at in the game proper.  Conduits in the first two inFamous games were common, even if they were more or less grouped by power (with the important people also being different in the power category) but to be able to have shifted to their powers at any point in the game would have been huge, which is....on Second Son's platter, I assume.  The DUP don't seem to be inclined to power, but the game isn't going to be -full- of power-less enemies I would hope, so being able to leech someone in battle is...hopefully a thing.  Something that I hadn't even considered.

Goddamnit, now I want this game even more.

is it wrong to hope that there will be an electricity conduit towards the end of the game that you get to leech and pay homage to Cole with

No comments:

Post a Comment