Wednesday, September 14, 2011

All This Vita News

I've grown rather fond of this stock photo, actually.
Alright, I'm gonna level with you here.  I don't know where the hell to start with all this news.  Because there is a lot of news.  Mostly about the games that were announced, but also with some more insight to the features of the Vita itself.  There's just so much and I'm just all 'ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh' at the moment, as I'm sure you're quite aware of.  As that is my way, of course with all things Vita.

I guess the best way to start this off is by showing off how wrong I was regarding the new titles that were shown off/announced.  Because we know me.  We know that I am just super bad at predictions, so I really shouldn't have tried, but I did and now I have to own up to it all.  LittleBigPlanet Vita, admittedly was a long shot as was Killzone and Modnation Racers since they're...way western titles (though I'm pretty sure LBP has some penetration in Japan) so those weren't too surprisingly absent.  So all of that was just me being way too hopeful and the outcome being as it should have.

One thing I nailed however was, "He could just formally announce the Zone of the Enders HD Collection (And/or Metal Gear Solid HD Collection) for Vita, since the Collections will be utilizing 'Transfarring' and that mostly seems to mean "Moving saves from Console to Portable and vice-versa"."  I got that dead on and am pretty happy with that.  Though, of course, there was really no other bombshell announcement from Kojima or....honestly any other announcement from him, really.  He talked a little about the Fox Engine, and how he hopes it'll bridge the gap between Vita and PS3 so that the games look as identical as possible on both things, but nothing else.  Perhaps I was overshooting TGS' importance in the industry, expecting something as I was.



And I was spot-on with Squeenix's support as well, as they did more than just announce release dates for games we already knew about and head off.  Not only did they announce a brand new IP for the Vita in Army Corps of Hell (Like I mentioned yesterday), but they announced a sequel to Lords of Arcana named Lords of Apocalypse for the Vita as well as a full-on remaster (read:  port) of Final Fantasy X for PS3 and the Vita.  While fairly....out-of-the-blue and leaving a lot of folks lamenting the fact that FFX is A) "Not one of the good ones" and/or B) That it was only FFX announced (and not remasters of X-2 and/or FFXII as well), it's a pretty big thing I should say.  And while I'm not particularly a fan of X, I'll likely get it just....well, because.  Portable Blitzball isn't a bad thing.  Another point to explain as well is the fact that a lot of Remasters in Japan have been separate entities whereas their Stateside releases are bundled together (see Ico/Shadow of the Colossus), so an announcement of FFX-2 HD and/or FFXII HD isn't necessarily out of the cards.

Squeenix isn't really the only one who brought it either, and you can see the full list of launch window titles here (Warning, it's a .pdf, and isn't just a games list) or I can go ahead and point out the things others have pointed out already.

  • Ys: Celceta, Sea of Trees 
  • Lord of Apocalypse
  • Ninja Gaiden: Sigma
  • Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3
  • Hell's Army
  • DJ Max Technika
  • Katamari
  • Browser 3 Kingdom
  • Bass Fishing
  • F1 2011
  • Dragon's Crown
  • God Eater 2
  • Escape Plan
  • Sound Shapes
  • Sawari Makuru (translates to Touching Lots)
  • Super Stardust Delta
  • Reality Fighter 0
  • WipeOut
  • Ridge Racer
  • Zone of the Enders HD Edition
  • Metal Gear Solid HD Edition
  • Super Robot Taisen Series
  • Shin Megami Tensei Series
  • Gundam Series
  • Tales of Innocence R
So, that's a rather impressive list of things, and while the latter part of it features some things that aren't exactly....titles (Like all the series) the things shown off are quite tantalizing for sure.  Gundam series for me especially, as I'm not sure what that means.  Maybe some of the gundam fighting games they've had or something like that, but with KOEI liking the system, I'm hoping for a Dynasty Warriors Gundam game on the thing.  Among all the other things I'm hoping for already.  And I obviously can't help but wonder just what SMT games Atlus is planning on putting on the Vita.

And that's not even all of the news.  It's not even all about the games, here, as they showed off quite a bit about the Vita itself.  Like the fact that you'll be able to multi-task like crazy on it.  Being able to look at a web browser while in-game is a blessing unto itself, not to mention being able to have all sorts of other stuff running at the same time as others.  (Though likely while gaming your options will be a little limited.  Possibly just to web browsing.)  I just can't say how many times I've had to open the browser on my PSP to help me with a PS3 game so to be able to do that from the same device now.....yeah.  That's gonna be sweet.

There's likely other things I could say here, but honestly?  Do I need to say much more?

No comments:

Post a Comment