Monday, January 16, 2012

And Now, I Rest


Game of the Year posts were hard this year for some reason.  I mean, I know it was a rough (read: great) year in general for games which made it naturally hard to pick out just which was your more favorite out of this this and that, but damn.  Making me pick between a Yakuza game and an inFamous game?  Over an Uncharted game?  What the hell, 2011?  So now that it's officially done and over with, I'm just sitting back and taking a breather, getting ready for the storm that'll come tomorrow.  Not...literal storm, hopefully, just a metaphorical one that may or may not be really really bad.  Unfortunately this is another one of those "I'm warning you about something I'm not telling you about" things but in the end, does it really matter?  It's just a personal matter that likely won't affect things here too bad, so it might not be worth bringing it up.

I've taken this down-time to finally indulge in the inFamous 2 soundtrack that I've long neglected as I literally have a download queue in my Playstation Store list for one of the soundtracks, but never downloaded.  Since that would require downloading it, getting it onto my computer, getting it then onto my iPod which has a battery life of approximately shit and I just don't want to be assed with it.  Still, I've wanted to listen to it and, as usual, youtube is more than willing to let me do that.  The above is one of the nicer pieces I've heard so far, but I haven't heard the full run of the soundtracks just yet, so I'm not able to call it one of my, gasp, favorites from the game or really offer much more judgment than "It sounds pretty nice", so that'll have to do for now.  I'm sure you can draw your own opinions from it anyway.

I kinda feel bad that I just don't have more in me tonight, but I really don't.  It's a bit rough churning out posts one after another like I did the last few nights, and to top that off, I haven't been feeling too great lately.  Nothing that won't pass in time, but still, shit kinda stays with you regardless if just to try and slow you down a bit.  Hopefully after tonight's breather of just sitting back with some good music, I'll be right back to snuff.  And hopefully there'll be something friggin' news-worthy finally, as I've found it fairly rough to think of something to write about were I not doing the GotY posts.  So it's a bit thankful that I had those at least.  Though maybe I can do something about Harvest Moon DS since it's been taking up quite a bit of my time lately.  Hrmm.....we'll see I guess!  Until then, enjoy the music, seek out the rest of it to give a listen to if you haven't already, and keep on keepin' on.

No comments:

Post a Comment