Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Wait, What? inFamous 2 joins "Play, Create, Share"?

Apparently.

(Prov, you might want to skip this one.  >.> ) 

To directly quote the article...


And just like that, inFamous 2 joins Sony's "Play, Create, Share" suite of games by allowing players to make their own missions. Developer Sucker Punch unveiled the surprising new feature at GDC. Using the new creation tool, you'll be able to create "any" kind of mission. Creators have "access to the same set of characters, creatures and props" that the designers have.

A "limited" public beta will be available in April. Details on how to get in will be announced on the game's official website in two weeks, on March 14th.

I'm actually completely floored by this, and I don't know how to feel.  Yes, I like the mantra that LBP has put forward, and my personal motto on user-generated content is that it can only make a game better, not cheapen what's already there.  But this?  It's kind of out of nowhere.  And makes me wonder why it's here at all.  But I'm not going to go out and say it's a bad thing, of course; I'm sticking to my motto after all.  And who knows, it might work out pretty neat!  And at least there will never be a lack of things to do about the Bayou.

Here's the video in Youtube format for those who find it easier.



....Aaaand watching that trailer has made me excited.  Optimistic!

2 comments:

  1. COSTUMES FOR YOUR CUSTOM LEVELS! MAKE ANY GAME YOU WANT! YOU CAN DO ANYTHING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll probably be playing it while disconnected from the PSN.

    ...for my first playthrough.

    ReplyDelete